This small-sized project of KEG (started in Summer 2005) aims at developing a collection of richly axiomatised 'parallel' ontologies in OWL and carrying out various experiments on them.
All ontologies model the same domain, that of conference organisation, based on different conferences and conference support tools.
The project achieved the following results to date (May 2007):
- In Autumn 2005, there was a start-up collection, and an HTML-based application was built on its top, which linked several third-party reasoning services
(simple form of automatic alignment, distributed DL reasoning) .
- In Spring 2006, the enlarged collection (10 ontologies) was invited for a track of OAEI 2006;
in Summer 2006, there were several submissions to this track, which will be further discussed within a 'consensus workshop'
at the ISWC 2006 Ontology matching workshop.
- The OntoFarm team itself carried out mapping experiments over the collection, which focused on pattern-aware association rule mining  and on combining different mapping methods via Bayesian networks 
- In Spring 2007, the enlarged collection (13 ontologies) is getting ready for a track of OAEI 2007;
The project is/was partially supported by the EU project IST FP6-507482, Knowledge Web Network of Excellence
(Workpackage 2.2 Heterogeneity), and by the Internal Grant Agency of University of Economics, Prague, under no.26/05 ``Methods and tools for ontological engineering'', and no.12/06 ``Integration of approaches to ontological engineering: design patterns, mapping and mining''.
Contributions to the collection are warmly welcome!
- Svab O., Svatek V., Stuckenschmidt H.: A Study in Empirical and `Casuistic' Analysis of Ontology Mapping Results.
In: Proc. 4th European Semantic Web Conference (ESWC-2007), Innsbruck, 2007.
Draft; final version will be available via SpringerLink.
- Svab O., Svatek V.: Combining Ontology Mapping Methods Using Bayesian Networks.
In: International Workshop on Ontology Matching collocated with the 5th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC-2006),
November 5, 2006: GA Center, Athens, Georgia, USA.
- Svab O., Svatek V., Berka P., Rak D., Tomasek P.:
OntoFarm: Towards an Experimental Collection of Parallel Ontologies.
In: Poster Track of ISWC 2005, Galway.
Vojtech Svatek - homepage
Knowledge Engineering Group
Vojtech Svatek , last update May 24, 2007